vrijdag 27 juni 2014

Dots, dots and... more dots

Hey guys! Long time no see!

And yes, there is a reason for the fact that I didn't post in such a long time. I've been really busy with... Dots.
I believe I've already written about the gorgeous Hannah Snowdon in a blogpost before (read that post here) and I told you about how much she inspired me. Well, she still does, together with some other awesome tattoo-artists like Grace Neutral (follow her on instagram: @graceneutral).
As you may know, these artists use a lot of dots in their work and I wanted to try that too. Inspired by an episode of Game of Thrones I drew this dragon around a month ago.


It took me a really long time, but I was so happy with the result that I wanted to try more... So I decided to draw this dog. Isn't she a cutie? (By the way, you can also follow this dog on instagram: @fiinathebeagle. She just got puppies, so there is an overload of cuteness which you don't want to miss!)


I also thought it would be nice to show you how I make these drawings, so I took some pictures while drawing the two dogs of my stepsister.



Before I used fineliners, I had drawn the dogs with pencils, to be sure that the shape was good before I couldn't erase it anymore.

Then I lined the main lines of the dogs.


When you work with dots, you have to make clear for yourself where you have to put them. That's why I used dottish lines to mark different areas. While I was drawing, there came more and more lines and areas. 



When the right dog was finished, I started with the left one. You can see how I used the lines/areas on the picture below.






Then I started with the couch.



It was a gift for my stepsister's birthday, so mom put it in a frame.

Drawing with dots needs a lot of time and patience (I worked on that dogs for more then ten hours), but I think that's really worth it! 
I also bought some coloured fineliners and I can't wait to show you how that turned out!

Would you guys like to work with dots someday?

xoxo Maaike


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten